- 20 fresh mint leaves
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- 4 tablespoons caster sugar or raw cane sugar
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 90 ml white rum
- 250 ml soda water
- Lime slices and mint leaves to serve
- In a sturdy glass or steel cocktail shaker muddle lime wedges, mint and sugar to release oils and juice and to dissolve sugar.
- Add white rum and gently mix.
- Fill serving glass with ice and pour over lime, sugar and rum mixture (depending on your preference mixture can be strained or whole ingredients left in for a more rustic appearance).
- Top glass with soda water and garnish with extra lime slices and whole mint leaves.
Enjoy with your favourite person. Cheers to the weekend.